A luxury real estate and vacation rental company is seeking an experienced Accountant to join their Finance team. This position is responsible for the general Finance and Accounting daily operations, general ledger accounts reconciliation, tax compliance, Owner (property management) finance reporting and other relevant projects.
- General accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashflow, payroll calculations, Inventory, purchasing, expense and reimbursement, etc.
- Assist Finance Manager to prepare month-end close and reconcile key Balance Sheet accounts.
- Liaise closely with Asset Management team to process cash inflows/outflows and all other related transactions for owners, maintain accurate ledgers to ensure H2 provides error-free monthly statement to owners (of properties managed by employer).
- Assist Finance Manager to keep improving internal accounting policy, process, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or above Nissho Boki 3 is preferred.
- 3 or more years of hands-on accounting experience. Solid knowledge of JGAAP and Japan tax laws.
- Japanese and English business language skills - both spoken and written.
- Experience with ERP or other accounting software/system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Strong problem solving and result-oriented thinking.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, good interpersonal skills, be able to work effectively and independently in a team environment.
- Fast learner. Desire to learn new skills and take on additional accountability.
Remote work available.