One of the leading US meical technology company with 1000+ employees and 70 billion yen sales in Japan. They have 40 consecutive years of sales growth and were recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune!
- Responsible for the end to end Strategy plan and long-term forecasting processes for Japan division
- Lead and manage the annual budgeting and monthly financial projection processes for the division and partner with BP FP&A Japan to accomplish full Japan financials for actuals, projections, strategic plan and budget cycles.
- Responsible for the annual Strategic Plan process
- Support Operations team and functional teams in addressing the financial impact of proposed strategies and assist with target achievements
- Provide profitability & pricing analysis for Japan division
- P&L ownership for Japan division and monthly reporting
- Effectively communicate and escalate where necessary (financial) analysis to the VP Finance, Stryker Japan
- Partner with Accounting Director, Japan in the implementation of accounting guidelines and ensure all Company policies are adhered to within the BU.
- Analysis of monthly Sales and P&L and influence of key stakeholders to achieve both financial and non-financial metrics
- Support Japan President and functional leaders with ad-hoc analysis to drive intelligent decision making, continuous improvement and strategic planning
- Generate ideas and highlight opportunities to enhance sales and business performance
- Close involvement in business development and integration activities.
- Understand root causes of financial results, investigation of budget variances and formulation of recovery plans.
- Provide details for expense trends, marketing events and activities, demos and other investments.
- Prepares and interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the progress to financial goals and objectives: Analyze variances between actual and expected financial results. Present monthly financials to BU management.
- Directly participate in the accounting cycle and the preparation of financial documents/statements.
- Utilize market intelligence data and reports to perform analysis of competitor's results and evaluate market share position.
- Build and maintain a strong and engaged team by providing clear leadership and implementing appropriate development initiatives
- Employ a coaching and mentoring approach and set clear goals and expectations, prioritizing the learning and development of the division FP&A team
- Promote sharing of expertise within your team, the wider Finance team and stakeholders to achieve the best possible results for Finance.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 12+ years related experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Familiar with JGAAP, US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act
PREFERRED EXPERICE / SKILLS:
- CPA preferred
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Presentation skills
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- 6 times / month in the office