Our client is a leader in Japan since 2001 with over 67 location and continuing to grow with a new Accounting Manager. This role will l oversee all accounting, reporting, and budgeting specifically related to the operating companies. Accounting manager is expected to closely partner with the Finance Director and Senior Manager.
- Managing the monthly accounting closing process for the operating companies;
- Developing and maintaining accounting processes and related internal controls;
- Preparing monthly property-level financial and operational management reporting;
- Preparing of annual budgets and monthly budget variance reports;
- Participating in the Company’s annual audit process;
- Coordinating the preparation of corporate tax returns and consumption tax returns; and
- Development of staff members.
- Experience with multi-location retail (real estate related platforms is a plus).
- Minimum 8 years’ experience.
- Advanced analytical skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to organize data into actionable information.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including a high degree of self-motivation, imagination, intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and determination.
- Creativity in the ability to develop ideas, quantify opportunities and mobilize teams to execute on plans.
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Access or other data base skills.
- Native Japanese with conversational English.