You will maintain control and responsibility for all financial aspects of Indirect Channels for Japan. Builds and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases and industry analyses to develop best practices. The incumbent is expected to provide financial analysis and implement recommendations based on these findings. Works closely with team to ensure discipline and rigor around lifecycle management process, with a specific focus on setting commensurate Indirect Channel compensation, Fair Market Values and books & records of the Indirect Channels. Assess profitability and determine ideal indirect channel portfolio.
You will also be responsible for establishing overall pricing strategy for Japan to have sustainable profitable growth. Will partner with Franchise, Solution Execllence, FP&A teams, to identify pricing opportunities through data analytics, and to ensure pricing programs are aligned with company strategy and revenue requirements.
- Work with country and regional FICM teams to review the indirect channel business strategy in order to ensure sustainable and compliant growth through indirect channels
- Work together with the Indirect Channel Management team to select, onboard, monitor, evaluate and renew or terminate Indirect Channels.
- Review books & records questionnaire as part of selection process. Provide clarity on expectations and work with Commercial teams on books & records remediation plans, if necessary. Follow-up on progress remediation plans.
- Provide input for Fair Market Value information by providing internal data and collecting external data on an annual basis
- Set & Review indirect channel compensation at selection of the Indirect Channel and at renewal of the contract versus fair market value and escalate in case outside of range.
- Review Indirect Channel contracts with a specific focus on compensation and termination clauses. Working with controllership team to ensure contract clauses are reflected in accounting records.
- Perform Monitoring reporting on one-off deals for Indirect Channels outside of the contract, taking into account business rationale as well as ensuring rationale is properly documented.
- Take part in periodic business review of Indirect Channels and focus on financial KPI (pricing, IC compensation) as well as books & records capabilities. Provide advice to Commercial / ICM team on decision to renew or terminate contract.
- Analyze sales data and standard margin by franchises, product groups, customers, to identify opportunities for dynamic pricing adjustments and form recommendations to commercial teams
- Assess pricing structure, including list price, contract multipliers, rebates, net price, etc., to provide recommendations for optimized pricing structure
- Evaluate impact of Strategic Pricing Initiatives through close collaboration with FP&A and Solution Excellence teams
- Work with Government Affairs team to understand pricing environment in Japan and anticipate mid-term impact from reimbursement price and pricing policy changes
- 8-10 years related experience in multi-national corporation as finance business partner supporting commercial activities, industry experience in healthcare is a plus
- Skills and knowledge of ERP systems, Financial Planning systems, excel
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to manage various levels of stakeholders
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Familiar with local GAAP, US GAAP and SOX