A top footwear, leather goods manufacturer is seeking a Logistics Assistant Manager! The role involves arranging the importation and delivery of merchandise and non-merchandise, coordinating with HQ, related departments, freight forwarder, and the warehouse. In addition, monitor and lead-time and logistics operations in the warehouse to have stock visibility according to business priorities.
- Manage shipping orders based on the launch schedule defined by Merchandise team.
- Provide to freight forwarder the necessary import documents and information for import customs clearance.
- Deal with freight forwarder on customs related issues and preferential duties. · Arrange occasional export shipment in case of ship back.
- Support import courier shipments for samples and non-merchandise.\
- Manage import of non-merchandise items requested by other departments, select the best forwarder in terms of service, cost and lead-time.
- Execute Payment application in accurate and timely manner
- Monitor and guide the warehouse operation for merchandise and non-merchandise providing necessary information and instruction to the warehouse.
- Developing of new operation processes with warehouse in case of new business requirements.
- Coordinate the local distribution for delivery between stores and warehouse.
- Arrange outbound and return for bargain sales, pop-up stores and store events.
- Analyze and place orders for packaging and consumption items to keep the appropriate stock level with cost management.
- Prepare the reports to share related departments and HQ.
- Communicate and response in timely manner to the inquiries from stores, other departments, and external companies.
- 5 years of experience of import logistics operation.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Excel (VLookUP, Pivot Table).
- Native Japanese and business English
- Experience in fashion retail highly desirable
- Experience of SAP, WMS preferred