Our client is a leader in providing software solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. They are looking for a People & Culture Manager in Japan, a role that offers an exciting opportunity for HR professionals to take charge of end-to-end HR activities, ensuring alignment with corporate guidelines and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with business leaders to define staffing needs, identify suitable candidates, and manage the selection and interview process.
- Lead the onboarding process and salary proposal creation.
Compensation, Benefits, and HR Operations
- Implement equitable reward systems, recommend policy changes, and oversee salary and bonus reviews.
- Manage international assignments, ensure payroll accuracy and compliance, and handle budgeting and cost tracking.
- Administer the employee share match program.
Learning and Development
- Deliver classroom training as needed and perform learning needs analysis in consultation with business leaders.
- Identify and develop learning programs to close learning gaps within the budget, in collaboration with Regional Talent and Learning, and ensure their deployment.
- Commercial awareness and judgement
- Japanese statutory requirements and local labour laws
- Proficient in MS Office applications and SAP-HR or Workday is an asset
- Japanese + spoken and written English is mandatory
- Working experience in a multi-national environment - cultural agility
- Independent and able to operate autonomously with minimal supervision
- minimum of 5 years in generalist HR role