A leading European independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions with over 15,000 employees across the group. They are looking for a senior accountant to report to the Regional Finance Manager.
Customer Unit Financial Support and Analysis (70%-80%)
• Monthly closing of financial accounts with associated financial journal postings.
• Monthly analysis of customer profitability and identification of potential issues.
• Resolve customer issues with Account teams to ensure issues are actioned correctly
• Collation and reporting of events affecting the months accounts, which relate to revenue or costs associated to earlier periods
• Preparation of inter-company reconciliations.
• Updating of local accounts into group systems
• Production of cashflow forecasts
• Engagement with local accounting and audit providers to ensure accurate reporting of financials
Forecasting of Customer Units and Customers (20%-30%)
• Collation of monthly/quarterly forecasts by customer units; ensuring accuracy and timely updating
• Production of weekly variance analysis of forecast to actual performance.
• Working with Customer Unit Directors/Accounts teams to understand the drivers of the variance and reporting these back to customer Unit Finance Manager
• Working with Customer Units to facilitate accurate planning
• Involvement with ad hoc Finance projects
• At least 3 years’ experience in a financial role in Japan.
• Part qualified, currently studying or looking to study an Accountancy Qualification.
• Ensure that pre-defined deadlines are regularly hit.
• Provide clear, concise information and reporting.
• Business Level Japanese and English.
• Familiarity with NetSuite system.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize where appropriate.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
•Work from home allowed.